Greg Goldman | Selbyville Real Estate and Homes for Sale
Enjoy a peaceful and relaxing getaway in Selbyville, a small town west of Fenwick Island and directly north of the Delaware-Maryland border. Like many communities in the region, Selbyville is tranquil and welcoming. But don’t let its laid-back, small-town vibe fool you –this historic community is also something of an arts and performance hub.
It’s home to the Freeman Stage at Bayside and a handful of venues that liven up the local scene. Stick around for live music, dance recitals, and other fun events.
Selbyville Real Estate – Homes for Sale in Selbyville, DE
The housing market in Selbyville is composed of a mix of single-family homes, condos, townhomes, build-ready lots, and land. Buyers will find options in well-established neighborhoods as well as new developments.
- Bayside, Selbyville, DE
Situated near the Fenwick Island area, Bayside offers single-family homes, villas, and townhomes as well as a wealth of resort amenities, including the first Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course in Delaware.
It is also known for the Freeman Stage. The open-air venue, which opened in 2008, stages performances in genres like dance, theatre, live music, and children’s programming. Bayside Marketplace also hosts events like “A Taste of Bayside,” which feature food and wine tasting, kid’s crafts, and balloon sculpting.
- Bayville Shores, Selbyville, DE
Bayville Shores is ideal for waterfront living, with its luxury townhomes and scenic views of the bay. The community gives you quick access to piers and beaches. Amenities include an outdoor pool, a children’s pool, tennis court, and volleyball court.
- Keenwick Sound, Selbyville, DE
This community offers bay and canal-front homes and has a boat ramp, making it a good choice for boaters. Enjoy a fun game of bocce or shuffleboard at the well-appointed clubhouse. There’s also a pool if you want to go for a quick dip.
- Other communities in the area include Swann Cove, Swann Estates, Cape Windsor, Bayview Estates, Lighthouse Lakes, and The Refuge at Dirickson Creek.
More on Selbyville
- The town was founded in 1778 and was incorporated in 1902.
- It used to be known as Sandy Branch. In 1842, general store owner Sampson Selby began marking packages Selby-ville for delivery, hence the town name.
- From 1918 to the 1930s, the town was the main supplier of strawberries to the East Coast.
- It has an estimated population of more than 2,000 (as of 2014), representing a growth of over 40% since 2000.
- Selbyville has three public schools: Phillip C. Showell Elementary School, Selbyville Middle School, and the Southern Delaware School of Art.
Shop and Dine
- La Sierra serves some of the best tacos and quesadillas in town. Fajitas and caldos are also on the menu.
- For casual dining in a cozy environment, try Mio Fratello. The restaurant’s specials include lobster ravioli, shrimp scampi, and chicken pescatore.
- If you want to have lunch or dinner by the water, visit The Lobster Shanty. The menu includes Canadian cold water lobster tails and steamed jumbo shrimps.
- Yellowfin’s Bar & Grill is the hottest bar in town. Drop by on a Friday or Saturday night for some local music, mahi bites, and a fine selection of craft beers.
- If Irish beers on tap appeal to you, then visit Murphy’s Bar and Grill. The place also serves Irish favorites like shepherd’s pie and fish and chips.
- Bayville Shopping Center features local retailers and businesses.
Selbyville Homes for Sale
Looking to buy a home in Selbyville? Check out our listings or call me today at 302-581-9811.