Greg Goldman | Dewey Beach Real Estate and Homes for Sale
There’s always something happening in Dewey Beach, where music and food festivals take place year round.Its pristine shoreline has earned it a “Superstar Beach” distinction from the National Resources Defense Council (NRDC).
With its combination of unspoiled natural beauty and a thriving nightlife and entertainment scene, it’s easy to see whythe area is popular among vacationers looking for a piece of paradise. One ofthe top summer destinationson the East Coast, thousands visit Dewey Beach every year. Located south of Rehoboth Beach, it’s north of the Delaware Seashore State Park.
Dewey Beach Real Estate – Homes for Sale in Dewey Beach, DE
Caught between Rehoboth Bay and the Atlantic, Dewey Beach offers both bayfront and oceanfront homes.Its housing stock consists of townhouses and condos as well as single-family homes that range from cozy cottages to rambling beachfront properties.
- Rehoboth by the Sea
This oceanfront community in northern Dewey Beach was initially developed in the 1920s. Minutes away from Rehoboth Beach’s and the town’s shops and restaurants, it features spacious townhomes, luxury condos, and some single-family homes.
- The Residences at Lighthouse Cove
Comprising the top floors of the Hyatt Place Hotel, these bayfront luxury penthouses offer the ultimate in worry-free coastal living. The condos range in size from 2-bedroom to 4-bedroom units and have private balconies. Community amenities include a rooftop garden plaza, an indoor saltwater pool, a fitness facility, on-site restaurants,and more.
More on Dewey Beach
- Dewey Beach has a long history. It began as a Dutch colony in 1631 and English settlers arrived in 1664. However, it wasn’t until 1981 that the town was incorporated.
- The town was known as Rehoboth City in 1868. Its name was changed to Dewey Beach after Admiral George Dewey led the American victory at the Battle of Manila in 1898.
- It has an estimated population of over 300 and a land area of about 0.3 square miles.
- As many as 30,000 tourists flock to the area during the summer season.
- The community may be small, but there’s no end of fun things to do here.Residents organize a number of annual events like The Dewey Beach Music Conference.
Shop and Dine
- Woody’s is synonymous with fantastic crab cakes. Diners can also look forward to dishes like Buffalo shrimp poppers and bourbon BBQ salmon.
- Get a taste of Hawaiian Cuisine at Nalu Surf Bar and Grille. The restaurant serves green curry mussels and Hawaiian pink snapper.
- The Dewey Beer Company serves beer straight from its seven-barrel brewing system. American pale ale and chocolate cherry saison are just some of the drinks to choose from.
- With several bars and one to two dance floors, The Starboard is popular among clubbers in Dewey Beach.
- Bottle and Cork has two large bars and a stage for live music.
- For locally made surfboards and skateboards, visit the Dewey Beach Surf Shop. The store also carries popular skimboarding, bodyboarding, and skateboarding brands.
Dewey Beach Homes for Sale
Dewey Beach is every bit a world-class destination. If you want to buy a home in the area, take a look at our listings. Need more information? You can get in touch with me at 302-581-9811 or email@example.com.