Greg Goldman | Bethany Beach Real Estate, Homes and Condos
Bethany Beach, with its gold sand beaches and endless ocean views, has long been a tourist destination. Visitors come flocking in the summer months, but even at the height of the season the community remains as tranquil as it’s ever been. You can truly get away from it all in Bethany Beach, which is why it’s been listed among the “Best Secret Beaches on Earth” and “Favorite Family Beaches” by Travel + Leisure magazine.
Bethany Beach Real Estate for Sale – Homes for Sale in Bethany Beach, DE
The housing market in Bethany Beach provides would-be buyers with a variety of options that range from sprawling executive homes to charming beach cottages, townhomes, and condos. Architectural styles tend towards the traditional and neo-traditional, adding to the area’s overall classic East Coast feel.
- Sussex Shores
Sussex Shores is a private community just a few blocks north from town. You’ll find oceanfront cottages and homeshere, as well as townhouses. Many are right on the sand and the rest are just a few steps away from the community’s private beach.
- Bethany West
Bethany West is a family-friendly community of over 500 homes on Route 26 west of the Coastal Highway. Residences are on wooded lots and amenities include two swimming pools, eight tennis courts, two volleyball courts, a basketball court, a playground, and a community center with a game room. Getting to and from the beach and boardwalk at Bethany is easy, thanks to the Bethany Beach trolley.
- Bethany Lakes
Bethany Lakes is a gated luxury home community. The Bayside at Bethany Lakes section offers condos and townhomes. Amenities include a well-appointed clubhouse, a playground, a state-of-the-art gym, tennis courts, and a swimming pool. The community is just a few minutes away from the beach, boardwalk, and Delaware State Park.
- Salt Pond
Less than a mile from the beach and surrounded by wetlands, Salt Pond is west of the 90-acre pond from which it gets its name and boasts an 18-hole golf course. The community offers single-family homes on spacious lots, some of which have golf course views. Other homes are right on the Assawoman Canal, making them ideal for boaters.Among its amenities are a recreational area, a playground, an indoor and outdoor pool, and tennis courts.
More on Bethany Beach
- Bethany Beach was founded in 1901 by the Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania-based Christian Church (aka the Disciples of Christ). They wanted to establish an area for Christian churches to have an annual seaside assembly.
- The town’s name came from H.L. Atkinson, a man who won a national contest and received a beach lot as a prize.
- Today, Bethany Beach is a major beach destination in the Mid-Atlantic, one that generations of families keep coming back to year after year.
- It has a year-round population of more than 1,000. The population increases exponentially in the summer.
- Delaware Seashore State Park, a six-mile-long barrier island, insulates Bethany Beach from the noise of Dewey Beach.
- Concerts, craft shows and 5k runs take place regularly by the beach, on the boardwalk, and in the downtown area.
Shop and Dine
Bethany Beach has a wide selection of shops and restaurants.
- Mango’s in downtown Bethany Beach serves beer and American Cuisine.
- Sports fans can grab some beer and watch the latest NFL football game at Burnzy’s Bar & Grill. The place is famous for their 65-year-old Buffalo wings sauce recipe and their signature burger.
- Experience oceanfront dining at 99 Sea Level, which serves succulent scallops, fish tacos, and mussels.
- DiFebo’s offers Italian favorites prepared with farm fresh vegetables and seafood.
- For delicious, no-frills seafood, try Bluecoast Seafood Grill. The restaurant specializes in East Coast cuisine.
- Japanesque sells women’s clothes, jewelry and various gift items.
- Book lovers should drop by Bethany Beach Books, an independently owned bookstore on the boardwalk.
- Water sports enthusiasts can buy gear and equipment at Bethany Surf Shop. The store has wetsuits, surfboards and skimboards.
Bethany Beach Homes for Sale – Bethany Beach Condos for Sale
Interested in homes in Bethany Beach? I look forward to helping you find the perfect home here.